What is Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is much more than broccoli’s cousin. This cruciferous vegetable is delicious, nutrition powerhouse and it is finally getting the attention it deserves! Cauliflower has become one of the trendiest vegetables over the last few years, making its way onto restaurant menus and dinner tables in a variety of ways, from cauliflower pizza to mashed and riced versions.
Green Giant® Cauliflower Products
How can I use cauliflower?
Cauliflower is extremely versatile, whether raw, cooked as a side or main dish. It is mild in flavor, making it a perfect ingredient in your recipes as you can change the flavor however you like.
Luckily, Green Giant has done the prep work for you with a large variety of convenient cauliflower products right in your freezer aisle! Just microwave and you’ll have a healthy dinner ready in no time!
- Use cauliflowers as a substitute for rice- try our Green Giant Riced Veggies in all varieties!
- Use Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower instead of rice when making stuffed peppers.
- Wrap seasoned ground beef, riced cauliflower and cheese in a tortilla for a healthier burrito.
- Toss any Riced Veggies with fresh veggies and your favorite vinaigrette for a quick and easy rice salad.
- Use riced cauliflower in place of potatoes in your favorite potato salad recipe.
- Cook Riced Veggies Cauliflower with your favorite taco seasoning and use as a meat alternative for your tacos.
- Mix Riced Veggies Cauliflower with an egg, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and form into a lighter pizza crust.
- Use Riced Cauliflower in place of rice when making your favorite ‘bowl’ recipe.
- Substitute mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes.
- Cauliflower can be used as a dip, purée, or sauce. It can be a base for a lighter soup or blended into a smooth
- Great for roasting and sautéing.
Top Health Benefits of Cauliflower:
Although vividly colored fruits and veggies tend to be the healthiest choices, cauliflower is a notable exception. It contains an impressive variety of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals. Some includedvitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Cauliflower is rich in choline which aides in memory function and Vitamin K that can help with bone health. Excellent Source of Vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system.
Try our delicious Cauliflower Recipes